Posted on March 02 2018
So, why not take a “workshop” in a box? You should look for a good portable tool kit to carry with you on the back of your Four-wheel drive at all times.
We would like to help you know what to look for in a quality portable tool set that can be carried in your vehicle and ensure you have the tools you might require when you head out on your next trip. A professional toolkit requires the following things:
1. 1/2-inch drive socket sets –It should run all the way up to 32mm, which will allow you to do pinion nuts and also the steering wheel suspension.
2. A good set of pliers –It should have a soft handle, but a tough end. You need long nose pliers, water pump pliers, a pair of side cutters, combination pliers, etc.
3. Screwdrivers are very important –A screwdriver set should have flat and Phillips included. It requires a soft-grip handle that imparts a lot of torque. A two-part resin handle that gets sticky when you pick it up with dirty, oily hands also comes in handy.
4. A complete set of combination spanners with the ring and open on one end, offset 15 degrees and flank drive at the ring end is a handy tool to add to your truck. It doesn’t run nuts off and also good for getting rid of nuts that are already rounded-off.
5. A sturdy case –Of course, you want your portable tool set to last. So, look for a sturdy case. One made of ABS plastic. Go for one with resin handles, metal latches, a steel pin at the back, and rubber construction at the bottom that don’t scratch.
Remember, you can carry this portable toolkit on the back of your Four-wheel drive with lots of your other items. Choose one with warranty. Always ensure the tools you use are as tough as the truck you drive.