10 Basic Safety Rules For Using Hand Tools
Hand tools are such a common part of our lives but they can also be dangerous if misused incorrectly.
Reduce the chance of an accident by following the below safety measures.
1. Inspect regularly
- Regularly inspect your tools to make sure that they are in good condition.
2. Wear gloves
- Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
3. Carry with care
- Never carry tools up a ladder.
- If you need to take tools up to a height use a bag or hoist them up in a bucket.
4. Don't pocket sharp objects
- Never carry sharp or pointed tools in your pocket.
- Instead, carry them in a toolbox.
5. Be aware of your surroundings
- Always be aware of the people around you when using tools.
6. Use the right tools
- Always use the right tools for the job.
- Never use a tool for a different purpose than it was intended.
- You risk damaging the tools and injuring yourself.
7. Follow instructions
- Only operate tools according to manufacturers' instructions.
8. Clean and return
- After using a tool, clean it and return it to it's proper storage place.
9. Oily hands are dangerous
- Don't work with greasy or oily hands.
10. Protect your eyes
- Always wear eye protection.
Now that you know the basic safety rules it's time to check out some quality tools.
Buy your perfect tool setup today