Best Scaffold Ratchet Podger
A podger is a tool that features a wrench on one end and a tapered spike or point on the other.
Extremely popular with scaffolding and event staging the podger is a must have tool as it allows you to quickly and effortlessly assemble and disassemble scaffolding with ease.
Why does it feature two different ends?
The tapered spike end is used to align bolt holes and the wrench end is used to tighten the bolt.
To do this, the tapered end is inserted through the bolt holes which lines then up allowing a bolt to pass through easily without the need for unnecessary force which could result in damage.
Once the bolt is successfully in place the wrench end is used to tighten it.
Which Podger Should You Get?
The most popular bolts used in scaffolding and event staging are 19mm and 22mm or 7/8" and 3/4".
Teng Tools PGW1922 - 19mm x 22mm Scaffold Podger
- The Teng Tools podger features a double ended socket with 19mm and 22mm sizes (which also fits 7/8" and 3/4" sizes)
- It's made from chrome vanadium steel for extra strength and durability
- It features a satin finish for added grip especially in oily environments
- It also features a pre-drilled hole which allows you to tether the podger when working at a height
- It is 12.5 inches long and weighs just 1.99lbs
- It only costs $51.99 and is guaranteed to make all of your construction work a breeze